Fonts problems with Bridge Master 2000

Beatriz Botero bbotero at gmx.de
Mon Dec 15 11:48:23 CST 2003

Hi all:
I have several games (bridge) working fine with wine. But I have a problem with the symbols of the colors (spade, diamond, heart or club) in the list of the bids - see atachment - , only a black or red square shows up instead of the symbol. On the other hand, the symbols of the playing cards shows up perfectly.

Has someone had such experiences or can someone give me a hint where to look ?

Game: Bridge Master 2000
Wine Version: 20031016
Sytem: Linux from Scratch 4.1
XF86 4.3
The "true type" fonts are working well.
Thanks in advance
Beatriz

------------------
Wine config
; Use the Render extension to render client side fonts (default "Y")
"ClientSideWithRender" = "Y"
; Fallback on X core requests to render client side fonts (default "Y")
"ClientSideWithCore" = "Y"
; Set both of the previous two to "N" in order to force X11 server side fonts
;
; Anti-alias fonts if using the Render extension (default "Y")
;;"ClientSideAntiAliasWithRender" = "Y"
; Anti-alias fonts if using core requests fallback (default "Y")
;;"ClientSideAntiAliasWithCore" = "Y"
;

[fonts]
;Read the Fonts topic in the Wine User Guide before adding aliases
;See a couple of examples for russian users below
"Resolution" = "100"
"Default" = "-adobe-helvetica-"
;"Default" = "-monotype-arial-"
;"Default" = "-adobe-times-"
"DefaultFixed" = "fixed"
"DefaultSerif" = "-adobe-times-"
"DefaultSansSerif" = "-adobe-helvetica-"

[FontDirs]
;"dir1" = "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttf/fonts"
;; el siguiente es un link a /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/ttf
;"dir2" = "/usr/share/fonts/defaults/TrueType"
;"dir3" = "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF"
;"dir4"= "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
;; el siguientes es un link a /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/Type1
;"dir5" = "/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1"
True Type fonts in c directory:
/home/bbotero/c/windows/Fonts:
arialbi.ttf  fonts.dir    lucon.ttf   timesbd.ttf
arial.ttf    ariali.ttf   fonts.scale  symbol.ttf  timesbi.ttf
arialbd.ttf  ariblk.ttf   garamd.ttf   times.ttf   timesi.ttf