xmms problem [SOLVED]

Bernd bernd at covenantmail.net
Tue Dec 16 17:58:37 CST 2003

On Friday 12 December 2003 00:46, Bernd wrote:
> Trying to launch xmms gives me this response:
>
> bernd at linux:~> xmms
> /usr/lib/xmms/General/ntdll.dll.so: undefined symbol:
> wine_pthread_init_thread /usr/lib/xmms/General/libntdll.dll.so: undefined
> symbol:
> wine_pthread_init_thread
> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../sysdeps/generic/dl-tls.c: 72:
> _dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= _rtld_local._dl_tls_max_dtv_idx'
> failed!
>
> Why is xmms tied to wine, and what do I do to fix this?  I have
> wine-20030813-51 installed from my distro's cd's, and I installed winex via
> cvs.
>
> MTIA
>
> Bernd

Just wanted to let you know that I found a fix for this from the SuSE list.  I
was told to dump ntdll.dll.so and libntdll.dll.so.

I did that and all is well with xmms again.

Just wanted to get this in for the archives, in case someone else runs into
the same problem later.

Bernd
--
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them

Antoine de St. Exupery