wine-20031212 with ACT! 6.0

Eric "Shubes" Shubes at shubes.net
Thu Dec 18 15:26:43 CST 2003

Wine newbie here.
I'm please to report that I got the subject installed on RH9, and it's
semi-functional. (I'm impressed, actually). There is a problem with the
file->close function though. I've included the messages below with
<<comments>> imbedded where appropriate. Do I need to do something with
the debugger? (I just 'quit'). I don't know if these messages are
serious or not. I'll gladly help get this going any way I can. Can
someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance. Now for the messages:

[wine at cain wine]$ wine c/Program\ Files/ACT/act.exe
<< begin application starting>>
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:accel:CreateAcceleratorTableA should check that the accelerator
descriptions are valid, return NULL and SetLastError() if not.
fixme:ole:MSFT_ReadValue BSTR length = 0?
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
<<end of application starting>>
<<open a file>>
fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00800002 not yet implemented
err:dosfs:DRIVE_GetLabel Invalid or unreadable superblock on /dev/fd0 (A:).
Invalid or unreadable superblock on /dev/fd0 (A:). Maybe not FAT?
<<no disk in a:, not mounted, ok>>
fixme:shell:ShellView_OnNotify -- 0x43699948 WM_COMMAND ffffff98 unhandled
fixme:shell:ShellView_OnNotify -- 0x43699948 WM_COMMAND fffffff4 unhandled
fixme:shell:ShellView_OnNotify -- 0x43699948 WM_COMMAND fffffff4 unhandled
fixme:shell:ShellView_OnNotify -- 0x43699948 WM_COMMAND fffffff0 unhandled
fixme:shell:ShellView_OnNotify -- 0x43699948 WM_COMMAND ffffff9c unhandled
fixme:shell:ShellView_OnNotify -- 0x43699948 WM_COMMAND fffffff4 unhandled
fixme:shell:ShellView_OnNotify -- 0x43699948 WM_COMMAND fffffff4 unhandled
fixme:shell:ShellView_OnNotify -- 0x43699948 WM_COMMAND ffffff98 unhandled
fixme:powermgnt:GetSystemPowerStatus (): stub, harmless.
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x80000001): stub, harmless.
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x80000000): stub, harmless.
fixme:accel:CreateAcceleratorTableA should check that the accelerator
descriptions are valid, return NULL and SetLastError() if not.
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
err:tooltips:TOOLTIPS_Timer How did this happen?
<<end of opening a file>>
<<changing, saving file works ok!!>>
<<begin closing file>>
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:urlmon:CoInternetGetSession (0, 0x4090fe28, 0): stub
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0011), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid 10
Loaded debug information from ELF 'wine' ((nil))
No debug information in 32bit DLL 'C:<various modules>'
Loaded debug information from 32bit DLL 'C:\PROGRAM
FILES\ACT\PDDLLW32.DLL' (0x40f42000)
Loaded debug information from 32bit DLL 'C:\PROGRAM
FILES\ACT\ICDLLW32.DLL' (0x40efb000)
No debug information in 32bit DLL 'C:<various modules>'
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit
code (0x004053e0).
In 32-bit mode.
0x004053e0 (ActEmail.exe.??_FALThread@@QAEXXZ+0x43c0 in ActEmail.exe):
movl    0x0(%edx),%eax
Wine-dbg>Wine-dbg>Wine-dbg>quit
<< I entered the 'quit' command>>
WineDbg terminated on pid 10
fixme:ole:CoUnmarshalInterface Stream read 1 failed, 1, (0 of 24)
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid 8
Loaded debug information from ELF 'wine' ((nil))
No debug information in 32bit DLL 'C:<various modules>'
Loaded debug information from 32bit DLL 'F:\C\PROGRAM
FILES\ACT\PDDLLW32.DLL' (0x41204000)
Loaded debug information from 32bit DLL 'F:\C\PROGRAM
FILES\ACT\ICDLLW32.DLL' (0x411bd000)
No debug information in 32bit DLL 'C:<various modules>'
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit
code (0x40b872dc).
In 32-bit mode.
0x40b872dc (OLE32.DLL.CoCreateInstance+0xcc in OLE32.DLL): movl
0x0(%eax),%edx
Wine-dbg>quit
<<I entered the 'quit' command>>
WineDbg terminated on pid 8