error message

Jim Wagner jpw at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 21 00:21:19 CST 2003

I'm using Mandrake 9.1, working on KDE.  I am rather a beginner at Linux
and all, but just today I've been attempting to configure wine.

Unfortunately, when I try to run a program (NJstar) I get the following
message:

wine; error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1: cannot open

What does this mean, and how do I fix it?

The most annoying thing is that last night, by copying the NJstar
program to my linux desktop from my Windows Program Files I was able to
make it run, at least partially.  Today, I loaded a newer version of
wine, with a version of winesetuptg, and I seem to have taken a step
backward.

Can anyone out there lend me a hand?

Jim