Awww...come on... ;-) RE: Mouse focus in Wine on non-focused Wine windows

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon Dec 22 16:40:27 CST 2003

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Yes, same mouse problem with Wine, WineX and cxoffice's version of Wine
> also. I just don't use Wine right now as it's behind on Alsa support and I
> don't get and sound at all using Wine so I'm forced to go to WineX
>
> I assumed it's a problem that would be best solved at the lowest level to do
> the most good.

It might be useful to know that the problem exists in all 3.

One thing to try, depending on what window manager you use, is to change
the focus behavior. This is an X window manager setting, not a Wine or
Windows setting. Many of the window managers allow you to select between
various options like click, enter only, and enter-exit.

> Please excuse me for not being up on all the political
> aspects of being a Wine vs. WineX user. It was not my intention to step on
> any toes.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt any toes were crushed too bad ;)