Path length dependency

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 23 12:09:04 CST 2003

Mike,
It seems like the limitation of the DOS program.
If you write the filename in DOS, you have :
F:\sandbox\temp123\latest\design\designsTop\top\tests\topSelfTest\test12

you notice that the 64 characters limitation is hit at the last 't' of
test12.

Its not a bug, but the normal behaviour defined by the old DOS
programs.

> If I change the length of the name I'm invoking wine from, it will
> either successfully or unsuccessfully recognize the file passed in on
> the command line. For example, if I'm in my

/home/mikey/sandbox/temp123/latest/design/designsTop/top/tests/topSelfTest/test1

> and invoke `wine -- mcpp.exe file.c` with mcpp.exe being on in the
> wine
> "Path" declaration, the Dos executable properly recognizes file.c.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
 ICQ #170597259
Say NO to software patents
Dites NON aux brevets logiciels