How Can I use my already installes apps in windows 2000 with wine?

Francisco Moreno surferx2 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 25 10:28:26 CST 2003

Hi everyone!

  I have a functional Win2k installation dual booting with my Slack. I have
a French Dictionary installed in win2k I would like to run. (Hate to switch
to win any time I want to study french). I'm now using a wine's binary
package (20031118-i686-S9.tgz) that I got from the sourceforge.net page (I
installed it edited ~/.wine/config and now it's working with a "Drive C" at
my directory /home/me/c, well at least I can use wine's notepad and stuff).
I already installed wine from source (no probs with wineinstall script :) )
and got working MS Office (Word, PPt, Excel) and Dreamweaver, but I got use
to Quanta Gold and OpenOffice and then I erased the foreings.

  I already tried to install the dictionary right over the wine's fake
windows structure but the installation process aborts (It's not an msi
problem, the dict don't use MS installer to install), so I want to try it
from it's windows' installation.

Specs:
      Binary-package 20031118-i686-S9.tgz
      Slackware 9.0
      Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
      The program I want to run: Collins' Intense Language Office
French-English Dictionary with pronuciation sounds.

Thnx.
Francisco.
Merry Xmas for everybody!!!