Install Shield Error While Installing Alien vs Predator 2

Xia Bin xia1911 at 163.com
Tue Dec 30 00:41:06 CST 2003

Hi,

I'm using Fedora Core 1. I downloaded wine 20031212 (rpm format) and
installed it successfully.

The Alien vs. Predator 2 (AVP2) uses Install Shield, so I downloaded
DCOM98.

When I install DCOM98, I recieved the error message about "an older
version", but I solved it with copying some windows DLL files to the
"c:\\windows\system" folder.

Then I try to install AVP2, but I recieved another error message:
"...can't copy IKenerl.exe to C:\Program Files\Common\Install
Shield\Engine\6\Intel 32...". I've checked the folder, and I founder the
is a copy of IKenerl.exe there.

So, did I miss anything?

Best regards,

Xia Bin

PS: I'm trying to INSTALL AVP2, I don't even know if the game works with
Wine (or WineX) :).