Failed to load MFC42.DLL

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Thu Feb 6 20:41:47 CST 2003

Janine C.Buorditez wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I'm trying to run this cdgenPS2.exe which requires MFC42.DLL.
>
>I just found the file @ www.alltheweb.com / www.dll-files.com,
>placed it in ~/.wine/hdd/windows, but I keep getting this error
>message:

[snip]

>err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin mfc42loc.dll: Cannot open "/usr/local/lib/wine/mfc42loc.dll.so"
>
>Anybody got a clue as to what's going on here?

Your program should have packaged mfc42.dll and mfc42loc.dll with it
since it needs them. Wine does not have an implementation of either. The
problem is that your program can not find them. All is not lost a quick
search on google reveals the following site for mfc42.dll

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/index.shtml

If for some reason you already have these files please tell me.

--

Tony Lambregts