Missing .so libraries for DLL files

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 7 07:54:20 CST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:23:57 +0100, you wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to get this PS2 ISO generator to work.
>
> It requires the DLL:s mfc42.dll and mfc42loc.dll---hence I got them and
> placed them in ~/.wine/hdd/windows/system.
>
> Now it's complaining about missing .so libraries for the builtin DLL:s.
>
> I have this in the config:
>
>    "mfc42"        = "builtin, native"
>    "mfc42loc"     = "builtin, native"
>    "*"            = "builtin, native"
>
> And this is what I get:
>
>    err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin mfc42.dll:
>    Cannot open "/usr/local/lib/wine/mfc42.dll.so"
>
>    err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) MFC42.DLL (which is needed by
>    F:\ps2\tools\ps2rmp\utils\cdgenps2.exe) not found
>
> If anyone has a solution to this problem, e.g. how to create these missing
> .so:s, I'd appreciate it nearly as much as life itself.

Wine does not come with builin mfc42 dlls, that is why you receive those
errors. Remove those mfc lines, or change them to "native" (should not
be necessary, works here without that).

Reading your other postings, some more remarks:

- Not all mfc42.dll's are alike. "Deadbeef" messages are a sign that the
program is expecting a later version; Maybe you need to ask the amker of
this program;
- Place the mfc* dll's in your system dir (often c:\\windows\\system);
- mfc42loc.dll should not be needed, unless you want to enter data in
Japanese or something. Try setting your language (export LANG=xx_XX)
before starting wine;

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes