Modal msgbox (game installation problem)

r.young at irl.cri.nz r.young at irl.cri.nz
Sat Feb 22 02:15:09 CST 2003

Dear Wine-users,

According to the application database this game (Broken Sword II)
is meant to install and run under Wine.

However when I attempt to run the setup program
on the CD I get the following error message:

>root at Beauty:~# wine /cdrom/Setup.exe
>fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.

The error message appears after commdlg.dll is loaded.
I loaded the native comdlg32.dll and got past this point
but had the same problem with midimap.drv etc (ie the
same error message).

Can someone suggest what the problem is and how to fix it?
(probably something quite simple since the game is meant to
run under Wine?)

I am running Wine 20030115.

Thanks,
Roger Young.