VirtualDub and enconding with DivX, XviD

Stephan André Schmidt stephanandre.schmidt at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Feb 23 15:53:59 CST 2003

Am 2003.02.23 22:36 schrieb(en) Waldeck Schutzer:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> I've been sucessfully using VirtualDub for video editing and audio/video
> reencoding using either DivX or Xvid. I use Xmpeg45 for mpeg to avi
> conversion, which also works under Wine, but requires a small patch of
> mine if you want to use YUY2 or YV12 (otherwise it will probably crash
> in ddraw). My setup is the following:
>
> - RedHat 8.0
> - Wine - latest cvs, no Windows
> - Virtual Dub 1.4.10
> - Xmpeg 4.5
> - DivX 5.0.2
> - Xvid 2.1
> - Only necessary codecs are listed - I've found that some (unused)
> codecs would cause Wine to crash
> - msvfw32 not listed in the config file (I assume Wine is using the
> buitin version)
>
> Best,
> Waldeck

Hello Waldeck,

thanks for your reply. If you get it (Virtual Dub) working with xmpeg, it
should also work with *avs-files created by Gordian Knot. My setup is
similar to yours:

- Wine 20030219
- Red Hat 8.0 (with updates)
- Gordian Knot 0.27 (DVD2AVI, VDub 1.4.13, DivX 5.02, etc.)
- XviD 0.91
- absolutely no windows!
- codecs from Gordian Knot (not many)

So, more or less, the only thing which is different here is my Wine
version. I will try the latest CVS within the next day and will inform you
on the list if it will make any difference.

Thank you,

Stephan