VirtualDub and enconding with DivX, XviD

Stephan André Schmidt stephanandre.schmidt at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Feb 24 06:55:26 CST 2003

Am 2003.02.23 22:53 schrieb(en) Stephan André Schmidt:
> Am 2003.02.23 22:36 schrieb(en) Waldeck Schutzer:
>> Hi Stephan,
>>
>> I've been sucessfully using VirtualDub for video editing and
>> audio/video reencoding using either DivX or Xvid. I use Xmpeg45 for
>> mpeg to avi conversion, which also works under Wine, but requires a
>> small patch of mine if you want to use YUY2 or YV12 (otherwise it will
>> probably crash in ddraw). My setup is the following:
>>
>> - RedHat 8.0
>> - Wine - latest cvs, no Windows
>> - Virtual Dub 1.4.10
>> - Xmpeg 4.5
>> - DivX 5.0.2
>> - Xvid 2.1
>> - Only necessary codecs are listed - I've found that some (unused)
>> codecs would cause Wine to crash
>> - msvfw32 not listed in the config file (I assume Wine is using the
>> buitin version)
>>
>> Best,
>> Waldeck
>
> Hello Waldeck,
>
> thanks for your reply. If you get it (Virtual Dub) working with xmpeg,
> it should also work with *avs-files created by Gordian Knot. My setup is
> similar to yours:
>
> - Wine 20030219
> - Red Hat 8.0 (with updates)
> - Gordian Knot 0.27 (DVD2AVI, VDub 1.4.13, DivX 5.02, etc.)
> - XviD 0.91
> - absolutely no windows!
> - codecs from Gordian Knot (not many)
>
> So, more or less, the only thing which is different here is my Wine
> version. I will try the latest CVS within the next day and will inform
> you on the list if it will make any difference.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Stephan

Hello Waldeck,

unfortunately, I also did not succeed in using VDub with the latest CVS.
When trying to encode something, VDub crashes. (It does not matter if it
is version 1.40., 1.43 or 1.51.)
And, I am not able to get Xmpeg working here. First, it cried about a
missing "OLEACC.DLL", which I downloaded. But now, it claims about -->

err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for
MSVCRT.dll.94(__lc_collate_cp) imported from
C:\windows\system\msvcp60.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef

Are there any runtime libraries I will have to fetch?

It would be nice if you could send me your patch (for the use of YUY2 or
YV12?!).

Bye,

Stephan