Http-Tunnel

John Allman allmanj at houseofireland.com
Thu Feb 27 04:36:27 CST 2003

Stephen Mollett wrote:

>On Wednesday 26 Feb 2003 17:09, John Allman wrote:
>

>>Hi - i'm trying to get the client from Http-tunnel.com to run under
>>wine.
>>

>Hi,
>
>Do you need to use this particular tunneling program? I can't get to the
>website right now (connection timed out) so I don't know what it offers, but
>there's a GPL HTTP tunnel client and server at:
>http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html
>which may do what you need.

Thanks - i'm aware of the project. It requires you to have a server
outside on the internet which will run the server part of the tunnel.
The folks at http-tunnel.com offer their own servers for this use (there
used to be free, slow servers. i think there still are). So yes, i'd
like to be able to run this particular program.

thanks for the suggestion though!

John