wcmd - continued font problems

Mark Knecht markknecht at attbi.com
Sat Jan 4 21:48:52 CST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 20:47, Tony Lambregts wrote:

> Some comparison of what fonts are loaded on each machine would be
> interesting (if they are the same then looking at the logs with
> -debugmsg +font in the command line  might shed some light on the issue.)
>
> --
>
> Tony Lambregts

Tony,
   Hi. Thanks for the response. I am actually working on this very idea,
but unfortunately it's a huge topic, and with absolutely no idea what
Wine really requires I'm seemingly just throwing darts with a blindfold
on.

   One of the first things I've looked at is the 'chkfontpath' command.
Both RH 7.3 machines are identical, and look like this:

[root at Godzilla root]# chkfontpath
Current directories in font path:
1: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled
2: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled
3: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled
4: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc
5: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
6: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo
7: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic
8: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID
9: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local
10: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/latin2/Type1
11: /usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType
12: /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1
13: /usr/share/fonts/ja/TrueType
[root at Godzilla root]#

   I have been looking at the directories listed above, trying to
compare things. There are different numbers of files, but I have not yet
found what the differences are. I'm not a Unix guy so writing scripts to
do this is beyond me. I'll get there though.

   Beyond that, I find that there are fonts in the .kde directory in my
user account. Does this mean there's a chance that other fonts are
somehow involved? Or that KDE is doing something extra here? I most
certainly don't know.

   Anyway, I continue to appreciate your interest and your help.

Cheers,
Mark