Graphic cards for Wine [/Linux;)]

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at neobee.net
Fri Jan 10 07:44:19 CST 2003

On Friday 10 January 2003 01:43, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Rizsnyi, I think you re the man of the situation.
> Forcing the AGP speed to 4X in my BIOS (was auto) seems to have solved
> problems !!

Only if I would know why that works :)
I only know that somebody said that XFree86 is not reading that value from the
bios, but sets according to a config file or to some default. But if those
numbers do not match then that will cause problems.
But the above statement did not prove 100% right. Since when I set both to 2x
then the machine freezes. If set both to 4x it works. And from your case it
seems, that only setting bios to 4x is enough. And that's strange.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that it works for you now :)

Regards
Zsolt