kazaa's transfers are slow

Gabriel Zachmann zach at cs.uni-bonn.de
Wed Jan 22 08:04:16 CST 2003

I've got Kazaa 2.0 Lite running under wine-cvs-opengl-012103-1
on a box with a PentiumIII, 1GHz under EdHat 7.3.

It seems to me that the transfer speeds I get in that Kazaa
are *much* slower than the ones I get with exactly the same Kazaa under
Windows2000.
Usually, under W2k, traansfer speeds are around 10-30 Kb/s
(sometimes even 50-200!), but under Wine, they are usually around 1(!) Kb/s,
and they have never been above 5 KB/s.

Is that only me, or do other Wine/Kazaa users experience the same?

TIA,
Gab.

| Unix ist zwar ein Mainframe-Betriebssystem (und damit obsolet)      |
| hat aber noch viele Anhänger.                                       |
|                      Windows MCSE-Training-Guide Windows 2000 Server|
|                      Verlag Markt & Technik                         |
|                      Kapitel 2.6.3 "Zusammenspiel mit UNIX"         |
| zach at cs.uni-bonn.de                 __@/'  Gabriel.Zachmann at gmx.net |
| web.informatik.uni-bonn.de/~zach    __@/'   www.gabrielzachmann.org |