problem trying to run a Visual Foxpro app

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Wed Jan 22 11:46:19 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 11:34, Emiliano wrote:

> > The biggest issue is Record Locks..
> > Paul mentioned he had found a patch for doing record locks, but I didn't
> > get a link... It might be a functional patch, but not up to 'standards'
> > for inclusion in Wine.  I'm not sure if Codeweavers would use existing
> > work, just to make it work (kinda like CXO), or actually make it right.
> >
> > Rick Romero
> > IT Manager
>

> Rick, if you can't lock record, how it's supossed that I can run a Visual
> Foxpro Aplication ? besides mostly vfp application locks records, ( or most
> of my app )..

It depends on what you need to do.. On my own desktop, I usually run
reports, or do quick replaces.. For example, a user may import 300 Sales
Order wrong, so they void them.  Our Accounting Application, SBT, will
still include those orders in a 'batch print' (when we print orders to
the warehouse).  So I'll replace a field with 'Y' to say they've already
been printed.

None of my reports require record locks, so that's not an issue for me
at this point..

But to move the SBT users to Linux, I'll definitely need record
locking..  (and of course it needs to look pretty ;)

Rick