Problem compiling Wine from CVS

Ronald Castillo ronaldace2 at cantv.net
Tue Jan 28 10:33:42 CST 2003

Hello..

While trying to compile Wine from CVS, specifically using the Debian daily
apt-get sources that can be found on the Wine web site, I got the following
error messages:

cp documentation/*.sgml \
 debian/wine-doc/usr/share/doc/wine-doc/sgml
cp -R documentation/wine-doc/* \
 debian/wine-doc/usr/share/doc/wine-doc/html
cp -R documentation/*.texinfo documentation/*.german documentation/shell32 \
 documentation/status documentation/ChangeLog.OLD documentation/HOWTO-winelib
\
 debian/wine-doc/usr/share/doc/wine-doc
# fake C dir structure
touch debian/wine/var/lib/wine/drivec/windows/winsock.dll
# wine files (config stuff, bugreport tool, file associations)
cp documentation/samples/* debian/wine/usr/share/doc/wine
cp: se omite el directorio `documentation/samples/CVS'
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
Build command 'cd wine-0.20030127.034317 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed.
E: Child process failed
ronaldace:/mnt/hdc/src#

I've supposedly satisfied all dependencies because this appeared (after a
very long while) while doing an "apt-get source wine -b" which gave me no
problems about missing build dependencies.

Any help to slve this will be really appreciated.

By the way, I'm using a Debian Sarge system running on a 2.4.20 kernel.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Ronald