dvd2one with wine??

Andrew Hughes hughes2002 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 29 13:07:16 CST 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:18:12 +0100
hal-9000- at t-online.de (Thorsten Kolb) wrote:

> hi,
> has anybody got running it?-- www.dvd2one.com -- this tool is the best for dvd copying under windows, its only 95kb large, so please try it and let me no if you got it working! I want to use this tool under linux!
> thanks in advance thorsten

Trying to run this under Wine just throws an exception for me straight away.  I'm not sure how well such a program would
work under Wine, as it will need direct access to the burner if it plans to write a DVD.  What exactly is the functionality
you need?  I know there are quite a few Linux programs that will read and write DVD movies.  dvdrtools will manage burning DVDs.
--
Andrew :-)

"Windows is the one true OS. MS invented the GUI. MS invented
   the 32 bit OS. MS is open and standard. MS loves you. We have
   always been at war with Oceania."