running exe files

Robert Shearman R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Jul 19 17:49:20 CDT 2003

Ignore this. As the message says, this directory provides security
information to Wine, but Wine pretty much ignores Win32 security functions
at the moment.

> i get a windows pop-up that tells me that
> office xp can be intalled only on windows machines.
> can you help me in solving this problem??

I haven't installed Office XP myself, but I believe the only way to fix this
was to load the native version of either ole32 or oleaut32. Please accept my
apologies if this is wrong, but my memory is a bit hazy on this issue.

Rob