Ikernel not launching

Mark A. Tagliaferro be_lak at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 03:00:31 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I recently installed SuSE 8.2 and I'm trying to get Wine to work.  I used
winesetuptk to configure it and winecheck gave me a very encouraging 98% on my
configuration (only a few simple problems like floppy not being writeable).

I'm trying to get dreamweaver MX to work so after reading the instructions in
www.frankscorner.org I installed DCOM98 and ran the wine command as he said.
The following error is coming up:

   The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched. (0x800401f0)

I then tried to run ikernel.exe on its own and got this error in the client:

   ERROR: You need to merge the 'winedefault.reg' file into your
          Wine registry by ru8nning: 'regedit winedefault.reg'

I tried to find the file winedefault.reg but couldn't.

Any idea how to solve/workaround this problem?

Regards,
Mark

Microsoft is not the answer,
Microsoft is the question.