MSN via wine ( was Wine and XP )

Adam Ingerman OZ_Prophet at austarnet.com.au
Thu Jul 31 13:52:42 CDT 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:51, Magnus Solvang wrote:
> I have Wine working, and my Windows XP-installation mounted
> as read only. Reading the FAQ, I noticed: "DON'T configure Wine
> to use an NT-based Windows install (NT, Win2K, WinXP)."
> So... is it futile to try to get XP-applications running on my
> Linux-box? Should I install them from Wine, and if so, how?
> "wine SETUP.EXE"?
>
> I'm mostly interested in running Instant Messanger (MSN) 6.0 from
> wine at the moment. Has anyone here managed to do this? What would
> I need to do?
>
> - M

download and install aMSN. it looks almost the same as MSN 6, has a slightly
different set of features, and doesn't require going through wine (it's
tcl/tk, so it can run *nix native), which is a fair bit of a performance gain
(at least on my old system)

http://amsn.sourceforge.net IIRC

--
You're only young once. you can be immature forever.