Problems with MIDI

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 1 16:28:14 CDT 2003

Well,well...
you're using KDE (winearts.drv) and the midi part hasnt been
implemented in wine yet.
at the moment winearts.drv has only one wave output, not even a wave
input.

Note you should open a bug into http://bugs.winehq.org

you have both ways to get midi sound :
1) try gnome and add wineoss.drv to your Drivers line :
"Drivers" = "winearts.drv;wineoss.drv"

2) do the same with KDE, but kill artsd before running wine.

 --- Gregory Richards Hotmail <AKAQuinn at hotmail.com> a écrit :
> I have a music notation program that's being....well, picky.  At
> first,
> it installed fine, but the font wouldn't work...after converting it
> from
> TTF to Type1 (which, if I'm not mistaken, I shouldn't have to do) it
> worked fine.  Now, I can write and print music, but it not detecting
> the
> MIDI port.  I've tried a number of things:
>
> 1) Timidity ALSA Sequencer
> 2) Physical MIDI keyboard
> 3) Keyboard port loopbacked and aconnect'd to a Timidity ALSA
> Sequencer.
>
> All of these configurations work with playmidi:
> 1) playmidi -e file.mid
> 2) playmidi -e -D /dev/midi file.mid
> 3) playmidi -e -D /dev/midi file.mid
>
> However, my notation program does not detect any of them.
>
> The full output is at the end of the file...here's the output that
> particularly confuses me:
> trace:winmm:MMDRV_InitPerType Got 1 dev for (midimapper:MidiOut)
> trace:winmm:MMDRV_InitPerType Setting min=0 max=0 (ttop=0) for
> (midimapper:MidiOut)
> trace:winmm:MMDRV_InitPerType MidiOut:Trans[-1] -> midimapper
>
> Wouldn't this suggest that it indeed _did_ find one MIDI device?  And
> yet, it's not using it....
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>  - Gregory Richards
>
> Here's my output:
> /usr/local/bin/wine --debugmsg +midi ScoreWriter.exe
> mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE,
> overriding
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> fixme:toolbar:TOOLBAR_SetRows multiple rows not supported!
> err:psdrv:PSDRV_FindPrinterInfo Error 2 getting PPD file name for
> printer 'Epson'
> fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
> fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
> fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
> fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
> fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
> fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
> fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
> fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
> wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
> [gregory at cdgregorr Cakewalk Score Writer]$ /usr/local/bin/wine
> --debugmsg +winmm ScoreWriter.exe
> trace:winmm:DllMain 0x406f0000 0x1 0x1
> trace:winmm:WINMM_CreateIData Created IData (0x403cfc38)
> [...]

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net)
ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.