ALSA driver problems

lu jun lujun823 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 03:42:24 CDT 2003

I want to try ALSA driver since the sound quality of
OSS driver is not so good (a little choppy but
bearable when playing Diablo). After changing my
.wine/config to

[WinMM]
; Uncomment the "Drivers" line matching your sound
setting.
;"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"      ; default for most
common configurations
;"Drivers" = "winearts.drv"    ; for KDE
"Drivers" = "winealsa.drv"    ; for ALSA users
;"Drivers" = "winejack.drv"    ; for Jack sound server
;"Drivers" = "winenas.drv"     ; for NAS sound system
;"Drivers" = "wineaudioio.drv" ; for Solaris machines
;"Drivers" = ""                ; to disable sound
"WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"
"MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"

This error happens when I start the game:

fixme:wave:ALSA_WaveInit -

And no sound was played. It seems that ALSA driver
fails to initiate. I am using alsa-0.9.2. Any
suggestions? ThX.

Also,

Jun