The Opposite of Windows-Free Wine?

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Fri Jun 6 02:41:52 CDT 2003

>Are there any FAQs or HowTos on setting up the opposite of a Windows-Free Wine?
>
>In other words, if I've got a Windows CD, and I'm willing to use as much of it with Wine as is optimal, what would I do?  'Optimal' means 'as fully Windows compatible as possible.'  I'm willing to use Win98/ME/2K/XP, whichever is most likely to give me a Wine environment that will run as many common Windows apps as possible.

One way is to have a normal Windows installation and use the existing
folders for wine too. For this you need to mount the windows drive and you
need to be careful as messing up the registry can destroy your Windows.
I have never tried this so you might find more info in the archives.

The second way is to have a clean wine installation and just copy all
needed dlls from Windows into the fake drive. Then you need to configure
wine to use them instead of the builtin dlls: "native, builtin". Again many
hints in the mail archives.

bye  Fabi