Wine and Remote Desktop?

Todd Vierling tv at pobox.com
Wed Jun 11 06:28:40 CDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Guido Reina wrote:

: I have installed the Microsoft's Remote Desktop client in Linux using
: wine. Once the installation is finished, I run the executable (which I
: have it in /usr/share/wine-c/windows/system/mstsc.exe) and write the IP
: address of the machine I want to connect to but, when I push Connect, it
: tells me "The server name specified is invalid.",

I managed to get an older version of the RDP client working (...the one that
ships with Windows 2000 Server, "Terminal Services Client"), but can't
remember what native DLLs were needed.  I never tried the newer Remote
Desktop Client, since rdesktop is available and stable these days.

You may want to try rdesktop 1.2.0 too:  http://www.rdesktop.org/

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv at pobox.com>