Copy windows prog to fake_windows

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Jun 17 15:20:29 CDT 2003

Savio Ramos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't install a program using wine. If I configure wine with
> windows partiton the program works but veeeeery slowly.
>
> By experience I copied all files that program installed in windows
> partition to fake_windows but it don't work.
>
> Can I copy the files from win partition and edit by hand system.reg
> of ~/wine?
>
> If a make this the program will work better?

In general, speed will not depend on the win partition used.

> How can I do that?
>
> I think that the problem is related to this three files: DAO350
> DLL, MSVBVM60 DLL, MSVBVM50 DLL

If you are not already using a native msvcrt.dll, try that. It would be
my first suspect for a very slow program.

Once you install a native msvcrt.dll, make it the default for all Wine
programs in ~/.wine/config

[DllOverrides]
"msvcrt"       = "native, builtin"
"mciavi.drv"   = "native, builtin"