Using Winmx

Stefan Pollack Stefan.Pollack at imk.FhG.de
Wed Jun 18 06:42:41 CDT 2003

Hi everybody,

I am running Mandrake 9.1 and wine 20030508 and I want to run WinMX.
I also have winesetuptk and winetools.
I found in a forum to put this into the config file :

[AppDefaults\\winmx.exe\\DllOverrides]
"msvcrt" = "native"
"shlwapi" = "native"
"oleaut32" = "native"
"ole32" = "native"
"olepro32" = "native"
"shdocvw" = "native"
"urlmon" = "native"

but when running "wine WinMX.exe" I only get this :

err:module:import_dll Module (file) ole32.dll (which is needed by
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\shell32.dll) not found
err:module:load_library can't load shell32.dll
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:win:GetDesktopWindow Wine init error: either you're trying to use an
invalid native USER.EXE config, or some graphics/GUI libraries or DLLs
didn't initialize properly. Aborting.
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
addr 0x5dfc3

Then I changed the dlls one after one that he it doesn't seem to find in
"builtin" instead of native and then I end up with :

err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: not found!
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub

Of course I don't care the wave out, but wine doesn't start WinMX.
Anybody an idea, need help on this.

Thanks in advance
Stefan