Bibleworks

Shachar Shemesh wine-users at shemesh.biz
Sun Jun 29 15:45:12 CDT 2003

Thomas Soffner wrote:

>Hello,
>
>are there people who are running Hermeneuticas Bibleworks under wine and coud
>help me? I'm trying it with cxoffice and coudn't get it even installed up to
>now.
>Greetings
>Thomas Soffner

Hi,

My name is Shachar Shemesh, and I'm doing all of the BiDi development
for Wine.

I am not running BibleWorks, and I don't even have it. I did try to get
it as a test case for my BiDi work on Wine. I contacted the Westminister
Theological Seminary to get a demo version of BibleWorks, so I can test
it with Wine. Their reply (which arrived a mere two months after my
request) was that I need to "contact BibleWorks directly", as they don't
have a demo for developers, and they are just retailers. As I don't know
who BibleWorks are, or how to contact them, and by the time I got the
reply I quite forgot why it was that I thought that WTS were in charge
of the software, I let the whole thing drop.

I am still looking for good test cases for Wine's BiDi support, so
BibleWorks is still interesting to me. If you feel up to the task, try
to find out the contact info that is capable of providing me with a
demo, and I'll use it as a test case (which will, pretty much, assure
that it runs on Wine eventually).

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh