HTML 3.2 (OT)

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Thu Mar 6 13:22:16 CST 2003

Duane Clark wrote:

> Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
>
>> could you check you check your PC ? you sent a blank mail on Wednesday
>> wich was 144k long ....
>> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-users/2003/03/0032.html
>

> I believe that was a virus, and it is unlikely to have come from Tony,
> but instead from someone with Tony's name in the address book.

As I have mentioned to Sylvain (privately) this really makes me angry
because it makes me look bad. If you look at the message source you can
see that it has been spoofed (probably by the klez virus) This is more
that a PITA but I don't know how to fight against it.

> For some reason there was no limit on message size for this list. So I
> have set it to 40KB. That should catch at least that type of message.

Thanks.

 From what I can tell this message has the klez virus attached so users
of this list that use outlook should do some virus scanning.

Also a good article about this subject is at the following link.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/spoofing/

--

Tony Lambregts