HTML 3.2 (OT)

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:56:06 CST 2003

Keith Matthews wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:22:16 -0700
> Tony Lambregts <tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net> wrote:
>
>>As I have mentioned to Sylvain (privately) this really makes me angry
>>because it makes me look bad. If you look at the message source you
>>can see that it has been spoofed (probably by the klez virus) This is
>>more that a PITA but I don't know how to fight against it.
>>

> You can't. It came from someone on the list who has you and the list in
> their address book.

That is not certain, but plausible. As an interesting side note, I
received the same virus to my personal email, claiming to be from
Sylvain :-) It was also apparently emailed from attbi.com, just as the
one at the beginning of the this thread.

It turns out there are 5 people on this list with attbi.com email
addresses. Again, we cannot be certain that the virus is coming from one
of them. Anyway, three of them have made posts since last April (where
the gmane archives start), and according to the posting host in their
postings, one uses Ximian and two use Moz/Linux.