AOL on Linux

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Wed Mar 12 09:18:03 CST 2003

I thought I saw that it was a USR.  Courier?  Sportster?

Make sure your dip switches are set to default:

UUDUDUUD

U=Up D=Down

The Courier has 10 dips instead of Sporters 8, IIRC, those last two
should be UU also.

oh.. I do happen to have a sportster here:

DIP# STATUS  DESCRIPTION

1  U DTR Normal
   D DTR Override

2  U Verbal Result codes
   D Numeric

3  U Suppress Result Codes
   D Display

4  U Echo offline commands
   D Echo off

5  U AA on first ring
   D AA off

6  U CD Normal
   D CD override

7  U Load NVRAM dflts
   D Load Factory dflts

8  U Dumb mode
   D Smart mode

Sorry if I was wrong about it being a USR and flooded you guys  (but a
"woo-hoo I remembered the dip settings" to myself ;)

Rick