Win16Mutex Error

Jens Lehmann jens.lehmann at goldmail.de
Wed Mar 12 11:48:57 CST 2003

Michael De Groat wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I am trying to get an application working using Wine.  I am getting the
> following error messages and wonder if any one can help me "debug" them?
>
> Error 1:
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x4010aa50
> "../../scheduler/syslevel.c: Win16Mutex" wait timed out, retrying (90
> sec) tid=000f
>
> Directly underneath is error 2:
> fixme:class:get_class_ptr reading from class of other process
> window0x10021

Mutexes are used for implementing critical sections. Their aim is that
two processes should not enter one critical section at the same time. It
looks like there are two concurrenting processes and at least one of
them cannot enter its critical section. After some time of "busy
waiting" the scheduler stops the process due to a timeout. Maybe you
have opened two applications which share some kind of resource.(?) I'm
new to wine, that's why I can only give you this general explanation.

Jens