XIO: fatal IO error 0

Norman Urs Baier knub at gmx.ch
Thu Mar 13 02:42:34 CST 2003

So, if I did understand right, I have 2 Problems, the first is this minor
Problem, which is some weirdness in some library which gives this XIO errors.
I tried again and I've seen, that waiting long enough helps. Because I wanted
to see if wine really works, I tried to install Office. At the end the
installer had problems, but the Applications work, so it seems that wine is
correctly installed. Weird: the first time I launched setup XIO error, the
second time not (I didn't do anything in between):

baier at exceter:~> wine /mnt/dvd/setup.exe
FIXME:pthread_cond_init
XIO:  fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server ":0.0"
      after 3759 requests (3748 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
baier at exceter:~> wine /mnt/dvd/setup.exe
FIXME:pthread_cond_init
err:shell:SHGetSpecialFolderPathA folder unknown or not allowed

But assuming that this minor problem gets miraculosely solved some day, the
other one won't!? Is there a book on pthread_cond_init() ? Do you know what
they are supposed to do?

  is not going to work unless you know what the pthread_cond_* (init,
  broadcast,signal,wait,...) are 'spoze to do and contribute some code to
  do it.