DLL not loading, msjava.dll, Encyclopedia Britannica

Stephan Matthiesen stephan at met.ed.ac.uk
Thu Mar 13 17:08:45 CST 2003

Hi,

thanks for all your help and suggestions. Haven't solved it yet but I think
I'm closer, I was completely on the wrong track with the msjava.dll.

Am Sonntag 09 März 2003 16:36 schrieb Sylvain Petreolle:
> not that the JVM isnt a single file at all...

This remark made me try to reinstall the JVM. Even though the installer gave
the message "Successfully installed", I found that it did not install it!
vminst.log says:

Install aborted.
ERROR: IE 4.0 or newer required.

So it looks as if I need IE first and then have to reinstall the JVM. Why does
it give a success message when it didn't succeed?

Cheers
Stephan