not enough virtual memory

Howard Sanner flagstad at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 21 17:06:06 CST 2003

Greetings,

	I have been trying to install Cool Edit Pro 1.2. I'm running
Mandrake 8.1, which came with Wine release 20010731. This is a
dual-boot system with MS-DOS 6.22 in addition to Mandrake 8.1.
There NO version of Windoze of any kind is installed. I have 512
MB of RAM; the DOS partition has 941 MB free and 777 permissions.

	I mount the CD-ROM drive, cd to it, and execute wine setup.exe
in a terminal window. After quite a bit flashes by in the window,
I get a banner announcing that the Cool Edit setup program is
starting. Then a dialog box pops up saying that I need at least
3MB virtual memory to run the program. Cool Edit is known to run
under Wine.

	I have no idea what to do next, though I feel certain something
pretty obvious and simple is wrong with my ~/.wine/config file.

	All suggestions gratefully received. More info, including a post
of ~/.wine/config available on request.

						Howard Sanner
						flagstad at mindspring.com