winspool.drv problem

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 21 17:49:14 CST 2003

 --- "Travis J.I. Corcoran" <tjic at tjic.com> a écrit : >
> I'm a new WINE user and I've got a problem, and I've already googled
> for an answer.
>
> The problem is that when I invoke WINE I get an error message:
>
>    err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) WINSPOOL.DRV (which is
>    needed by X:\_ISTMP3.DIR\_INS5576._MP) not found
>
>   5) get the error message above
in the future please paste the complete log.
'wine yourprogram.exe 2>&1 |tee log' for example.
http://www.winehq.com/docs/wine-user/bugs.shtml is the reference for
bugreports.

>   1) cd ~/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/System ;
>      ln -s winspool.drv WINSPOOL.DRV
unneeded (wine is case insensitive)and dangerous (you could have two
different versions in the directory with the same name for wine)

>   2) cd /usr/bin
wrong directory, check in /usr/local/lib/wine or /usr/lib/wine if the
file winspool.drv.so is here (winspool.drv is emulated like another
dlls/executables)
if its here, try to run 'ldconfig' as root.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net)
Fight Spam ! EuroCauce: http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".