printers

Alan Bort 333101 at personal.net.py
Tue Mar 25 12:27:14 CST 2003

personal suggestion, not an answer to thius question:

from my experience, even though Linux is VERY advanced in networking and
stuff... it still has some troubles with peripherics (printers,
scanners, SOME mices, and even SOME keyboards... not to mention
web-cams). I've found MUCH better and easyer to use a printsever (a
small one) instad of connecting my pinter to my PC... now, I have a 7
PC's network and in the eight port (I have an eight port switch) I have
the prontserver with my three printers... it works like a charm.

If you have a spare PC, and you don'¿t want to buy a printserver, just
install windows 2000 or 98SE (the only two versions of windows that I
like) and isntall your printer there and share it... then you do all the
printing through that PC... although... that will consume MUCH resources
from the winPC as well as from your client... the printserver avoids
that problem.

--
Alan Bort
Linux Registered User 298277 -Country Manager- [http://counter.li.org]