Excel needed with vba

Dirk Gerlach dgerlach at tech-trade.de
Thu Mar 27 11:28:54 CST 2003

Hello,

I tried to install Excel with wine.

My System Suse 8.1
wine version from february, configured as Win95
Excel from Office97 original CD

The setup may be okay, only one message cames
"DDE communication with desktop could not be started"
I ignored.

In the debug terminal there comes at first an alert:
"fixme:ole:CoRegister MessageFilter stub"

What does it mean? Sometime Excel stopps here

Another problem: How can I switch off the Excel start picture?
Reason: Under this is a alert window which I found surprisely

In there a "MSCREATE.DIR failure"

Excel start but I can't open a file

"fixme:hook:Notify WinEvent (32773,0x20038,-4,2) -stub!"

Can me explain someone, what I can do?

Important for me is to use older excel-sheets with vba-macros from
1997. So any idea (without Excel) is welcome to!

Thanks,
Dirk Gerlach
--
TechTrade GmbH
bis zum 14.3.2003:        ab dem 17.3.2003:

www.tech-trade.de - Die Drehrohrspezialisten
Tel.: +49 221 71508 62
dgerlach at tech-trade.de