Compiling WINE - Hopeless situation? :)

Ian Schmidt ischmidt at cfl.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 17:01:20 CST 2003

On Saturday 29 March 2003 05:50 pm, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> If interested in any other projects response:
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/users_against_developers.html#gcc

MPlayer's problem was famously revealed by Bero as a couple of typos in their
inline ASM that 2.95.x ignored.  I built and ran mplayer fine with 2.96 after
fixing their dumb typo and turning off their compiler detection, but Xine is
much better anyway ;-)

> If you think its false, telle me why the wine code doesnt compile with
> 2 Mandrake machines having this version of gcc?

Ask Mandrake.  Wine compiles and runs fine on all Red Hat 7.x distros using
2.96.  I use it daily to run some important Win32 apps :-)