Wine Printing Problem

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun Mar 30 15:26:41 CST 2003

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
>  --- Emmanuel Khamissian <ekhamissian at eurelec.com> a écrit : > Hi,
>
>>I want to print with Internal Postscript Driver of Wine.
>>
>>But i have this error in Notepad.
>>
>>1. No printer by default
>

> Did you have look into this ?
> http://www.winehq.com/docs/wine-user/printing.shtml#PSDRIVER

Despite what that document says, the CUPS autodetect does not seem to
create entries in windows/win.ini that appear to be needed by Wine/CUPS.
I have in that files these entries:

[devices]
hp=WINEPS,LPR:hp
epson=WINEPS,LPR:epson
tabloid=WINEPS,LPR:tabloid

[windows]
device=hp,WINEPS,LPR:hp

There should be a devices entry for each printer in /etc/printcap (which
is created by CUPS). The windows entry makes the "hp" printer my default.

Without these entries, printing does not work under Wine for me. Whether
this is a Wine regression, I don't know.