NT Utilites under Wine

Josh Konkol samba at guidemail.com
Thu May 1 06:42:40 CDT 2003

I have searched the news groups and haven't found anything on this subject
yet.

What I'm trying to do is run an NT utility called dumpel.exe under wine.
The utility connects to an NT/2000 Server and dumps it's event log to a
text file.  I have some later processing I'm going to do with the file, but
I can't get wine to run the app.  Here is what I run:

wine --dll advapi32=native --dll ntdll=native -- dumpel.exe -s \\\\GIGDC1 -
d 14 -t -f gigdc1app.txt -l application

The error I get is:

err:module:import_dll No implementation for
NTDLL.DLL.NtAccessCheckByTypeAndAuditAlarm imported from C:\windows\system
\ADVAPI32.DLL, setting to 0xdeadbeef

If I just display the help file on dumpel.exe it works fine, I think
there's just something I'm missing.

Any help is appreciated,

TIA

Josh