Games - bug 1434

Bruce Griffis griffisb at bellsouth.net
Thu May 1 20:36:39 CDT 2003

> As my personal consern I try to help get games working
> on linux (thats what I really rellay miss when running
> linux insted of windows...)
>
> I have given it a meta bug of it's own:
> http://bugs.winehq.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=1434
>
> Please see if you have on of the games in the bug on
> the list and comment on the bug or vote for it as some
> bugs there are old we need to know:
> 1.Does this bug still exsists in current wine version?
> 2.Can you get us an error log?
> 3.Can you test it again at request to help us getting
> it working
>
> Besides that fell free to open new bug on games and
> mark it as blocks bug 1434
> p.s. It is better to open a metabug on your game name
> that blocks bug 1434 and then open a bug for every
> small thing that is wrong and mark that it blocks your
> game name metabug.
>
> Hope you like games as mach as I do :),
> Hatky.

Hmmmm - I might be interested in this one, although I have different games
than those on the list.
Have SimCity 2000 & 3000
Titanic
StarWars DroidWorks
Sierra Traintown
Redline Racer
MS Flight Simulator
MS Combat Flight Simulator
MS Combat Flight Simulator 2
Super Solvers' Mission Think
Dinosaur Adventures 3D
Carmen Sandiego Word Detective
Hoyles Word Games
Hoyles Board Games
Logical Journey of the Zoombinis
Coupla Reading Journey versions
Some School House Rock stuff
Some Clue Finders Adventures
Math Blaster Ages 9-12
Powerboat Racing 3D
MS Baseball 2000
Castle Explorer
Jeopardy
Freddy Fish And the Care of the Missing Kelp Seeds
Madden 2000 (NFL)
Skybase
Robert E Lee's Civil War Generals

Am current on WIne CVS (as of 04/30/2003), and am willing to try loading a few
games and testing them. Have sound and joystick working under Mandrake 9.1 -
haven't tested the joystick under Wine. Also have no idea of how to file bugs
or check them - but will learn.

Also have WineX cvs downloaded, packed and ready to install for comparison -
but decided to try and stick with Wine.

Am NOT running pure Wine, have Windows ME installed, and am pointing to my
Windows directory for DLLs. Although - I could reconfigure to run pure Wine
if required.
-Bruce