wine: Unhandled exception

Theodore Marescaux Theodore.Marescaux at chello.be
Fri May 2 01:33:40 CDT 2003

Hello folks,

I have succesfully used a self-compiled version of wine-2003-04-08
(./configure --with-nptl) on a RedHat 9.0 (kernel 2.4.20-8) for some time.

I have now a self-compiled kernel 2.4.21-rc1 and Wine refuses to start.
Whatever program I try to start, wine throws the following error code:

err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
addr 0x40280fd8

I am not too sure the kernel is the cause. I have tried to recompile
wine for the 2.4.21-rc1 without success. Recompiled it for the 2.4.20-8,
bad luck. I have even tried to compile the cvs version of wine for the
2.4.21-rc1 with the same negative result.

Anyone has an idea of what is going on? Is there anything more I can try
to give you more input?

Thanks,
Theo