Using Visual basic with Wine

Pedro Restrepo pedrores at tutopia.com
Wed May 7 21:56:22 CDT 2003

Hi Joe,

Please be patient, the explanation will be a little boring:

1. Visual Basic is a tool (language) used to make applications (programs)
2. Windows use a concept called "dynamic libraries". These dynamic
libraries are collections of little programs that can be called by the
"main" programs. (For example: a word processor program can call
a little program for read a file from the disk, and this last program is
contained
within a dynamic library).
3. The dynamic libraries are files with the extension "DLL". These DLL's
are located usually in the directory \windows\system.

With those concepts understood, VBRUN60.DLL is the library employed
by the applications created using Visual Basic 6. This library must be
included
with the application (otherwise, the application will not work). The first
source must be the installation disk (s) of the application. On the other
hand,
you can find VBRUN60.DLL in any MSBox that have any application created with

VBasic 6.0 or you can find it in some sites in the web.

Another point: Wine create a "fake" windows directory and a "fake"
\windows\system
directory. You must put (copy) the DLL in this directory (where the
application will
search for the VBRUN60.DLL).

I hope this help you.

Pedro Restrepo