problem installing business software

Richard Peterson petersonrdk at spearnet.net
Thu May 8 17:47:23 CDT 2003

I am attempting to install a business application under Wine.
This is my first attempt at using Wine.

I am using SuSE 8.2 and their stock configuration and install of
Wine.  The program installs but I get an error message in the
system log(SuSE).
"err: module: BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll
regsrv.exe still not found

err: module: BUILTIN_LoadModule loaded .so butdll regsrv.exe still
not found"

The "fake Windows" directory has "regsrv.exe" in
~/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/System/.  Wine logged in WS2SETUP:
"WS2SETUP begin  05/08/2003
RegQueryValueEx (VendorInstallDll)failed
VendorWantsMSTCP=1, WANTS MMSIPX=2, WANTS SetupUI=1
WANTS MSDNS=1, WANTSMSSAP=0
New wsock32.dll file version: 0004000a.00000678
Created WS2BAKUP.BAT batch file
No version info for C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wsock32.dll
WS at SETUP end: failure"

Portions of the program installed but portions did not.  Do I need
to import a native dll, write one or what?  I am pleasantly
surprised at all I have accomplished so far with Wine but am now
stumped.  I will appreciate any suggestions.  I have RTFM and
again and again.

Sincerely,

Richard A. Peterson