office2000 under redhat9.0

Christoph Lehmann christoph.lehmann at gmx.ch
Fri May 9 00:40:59 CDT 2003

wine instmsi.exe gives me the error dialog box:
"Error 1310. Error writing to file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\msi.dll. Verify
that you have access to that directory."

in my config WINDOWS is set to "Windows" = "c:\\windows" and c: to
"/usr/share/wine-c".

must I run wine in this case as root? I don't think so.
/usr/share/wine-c has write-permission  set to group

thanks for further help
the tip with the instmsi might have been good

christoph