Desperate: problems with fonts, I can not make it work

Peter Møller Neergaard peter at mollerneergaard.net
Sat May 10 15:18:03 CDT 2003

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 09:38:51AM +0200, Carlos wrote:
> that has quite a few .ttf files that I got from my Windows98
> partition. I have also set up chkfontpath to the right path
> (please see attached files). Then what can be wrong? I can
> not figure it out ?

I had a similar problem.  In my case it was caused by some TrueType
fonts that are parts of the Mandrake distribution.  I simply tried to
remove various directories from my font path (binary search was of
course a useful approach) until I got the correct characters.

Debugging the fonts info my also give you some useful, albeit a lot,
information.  It is something along the lines of -debug +fonts---check
the manual for the exact syntax.
/Peter

--
http://www.linearity.org/turtle/contact.html
``If we're an arrogant nation, they'll resent us.