Acrobat -- xpdf and gv can't do everything with PDFs

Sergei Gerasenko gerases at publicschoolworks.com
Mon May 12 11:08:24 CDT 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 08:50:23AM -0700, Joris Huizer wrote:
> Couldn't you simply use xpdf or gv ?? Those are native
> linux !

I do use them when I can. Sometimes however, you can't manage without Acrobat. Like when you need to edit an existing PDF
document, insert an interactive form, etc. Of course, there are other tools that can edit PDFs, only they are either not
free or not for Linux:). Mostly, though, they're just not free. And already have a copy of Acrobat, you see. If xpdf has
an editing capability, I'm not aware of it. Let me know if it can do it.